Does your weight loss goal seem daunting? Are you getting over whelmed thinking about how you are going to manage this? How does change even happen? Baby steps. Like super small baby steps. Each pound adds up and will lead to the bigger picture and your ultimate goal! Message us at firstname.lastname@example.org and see how we can help you achieve your healthy habits.
Fix it : eating too many processed foods
People who eat a lot of processed foods usually have some symptoms like :
- Having trouble regulating their appetite and recognizing hunger cues.
- Unhappy with body composition
- Inadequate levels of vitamins/minerals
Sound familiar? Highly processed foods make up over 50% of the avg diet! Who can blame them though… We live in the amazing era of Skip The Dishes! Get it delivered right to your couch..I don’t think any of us are surprised at the health trends that this kind of conveniency has created. How much will power does one have to have to continually work long, hard hours and then come home and cook a healthy nutritious meal when your 10 digits away from comfort food? I know I’ve fallen for that trap.. it’s a vicious cycle.
What can we do?
There are a couple great strategies ( created by Precision Nutrition) that you can try to implement.. here’s a few I like:
- Play the continuum game- The goal is to continue doing you but with each meal think about how you can make it just a little bit better. For instance your out at grocery store getting peanut butter. Instead of reaching for the Kraft kind.. consider switching to natural peanut butter ( Fatso and Nuts ‘n More are my favourite brands). Or maybe you’re out at your favourite restaurant try switching out the soda for water or orange juice for a real orange.
- Shape the path- John Berardi ( the creator of Precision Nutrition) says that “ if a food is in your house or possession, either you, someone you love, or someone you marginally tolerate, will eventually eat it.” So, your game plan is to make healthy food readily available and unhealthy foods inconveniently located Or gone completely. It’s amazing how easy this is to do and how well it works. Seems simple right? Try it. Buy some apples or bananas and place them in a bowl on the table or somewhere convenient. See if you eat more of them. Put that bag of your favourite chips in a cupboard behind some of your other foods. Did you eat less of them? you probably forgot they were even there!
- Add This – Don’t give up any of the foods you are eating. Just add nutritious choices to your plate. Before you have that amazing white pasta and meatballs.. have some cut up veggies or a salad first. Or try having a glass of water 10-15 minutes prior to eating your meal.
I know.. these tips seem simple and probably don’t look like they do much but just like compounding interest… it adds up.
Catch you next time!